Bipoc Community Care Day
Date(s) - za 17 juni
11:00 - 17:00
Categorieën Geen Categorieën
It’s time for community care! Join us for a day of empowerment, support, creativity and breaking shit! This event is made to center and celebrate the Bipoc community, trying to create a safe and inclusive space to physically and mentally de-stress from our daily life.
More info on the program and ways to sign up are coming soon! Keep an eye out on this page ✨
❤️🔥Make sure to read our safer space terms beforehand to keep the space as safe as we can!❤️🔥
Safer space terms:
This event will be a Bipoc-centered, queer-inclusive space.
* We do not tolerate any form of racism, homophobia, sexism, ableism, or any other form of discrimination, including appropriative clothing or hairstyles. If we notice any of these, you will be asked to leave the space.
* Please take a COVID test before attending and if you have any non-allergy related cold symptoms (even with a negative test), kindly refrain from joining us this time.
* Consent is required for all interactions, including taking pictures of people, hugging, touching, and joining private conversations.
* The Klinker is wheelchair accessible, but unfortunately, the rage room area is not.
* In the case of overstimulation, we can request the general crowd to lower the volume. We understand that noise levels can unintentionally rise, so this just serves as a gentle reminder for everyone to be mindful.
* Please message us if you have any other accessibility needs for the event and we’ll try our best!
Presenting the program for Community Care Day on the 17th of June! ❤️🔥
There will be 4 different Care Corners, to walk in and out of throughout the day! Only the physiotherapy needs a sign-up beforehand.
Please remember to read the safer space rules in the previous post before coming!
- Physio Corner:
Receive free 30-minute physiotherapy consultations to address your physical needs. The priority goes out to the Black, Brown and Indigenous community so please sign up to reserve your spot! (Link in bio)
- Support and Recovery Walk-In:
Find a safe space with an experienced S&R team member to seek support in coping with intense experiences.
- Creativity Corner:
Take your time to finally finish that one project you’ve been working on, scribble on a piece of paper, paint your nails, anything creative! Some materials will be provided, but feel free to take all the fun relaxing creativity things you can think of.
- Rage Room:
Release pent-up frustration and stress by breaking stuff in a controlled environment. Bring Your Own Breakables!